Monday 3 December 2012

relaxing mondays

Mondays tend to be my not so happy days. No, I don't regularly work on Mondays however because I am working on Tuesdays,  I am usually grumpy on Mondays. Fortunately I work part-time. Unfortunately, it's not a job I love with a passion. So even with just a couple of 12 hour shifts a week, I still kind of dread going to work because I don't know what I'll be up against until I actually arrive on my unit. I won't deny there are good days such as the last couple of weeks when the ER was shut down due to a flood. Empty beds meant less patients and therefore a lighter workload. Ahh, it was really nice. But today they will be reopening the ER and everything will be back as it was. BUSY! Nursing is a tough job both mentally and physically and after my 2 day work week, I am seriously exhausted. I don't know how the full-timers do it. Oh well, gotta pay the bills right?
I've decided to try to relax on Mondays. I usually feel anxiety that I need to get so much done because I am working the following day. Must change that mind set beginning today. I just plan to take it easy, do a few things here and there but not stress out too much. Easier said than done...

No comments:

Post a Comment